Last year, we launched the shadow panels for the Saltire Society’s Literary Awards, where students, publishing aficionados and young professionals read the shortlists for various awards and judged them – it didn’t have an impact on the final outcome, but gave the opportunity to see how the judging process works (and with a 75% hit rate on picking the same winner, we dare say getting you ready for a potential career in book judging…)
Anyway. It’s back for 2016!
What you would be doing:
- You will get a copy of the shortlist for your designated category to read, in e-book or print format, stock depending (about 5-7 books).
- You meet up with your group to discuss in a book club format.
- Group meet up: Each award group will meet one evening between the 7th-10th November at the Saltire Society offices.
- You will be expected to take part in either a blog or podcast for the discussion.
- You will be invited to the Saltire Society Literary Awards 24th November.
What we need from you: Fill out this application form to apply.
To learn more about this and how to apply, click here. If you have any queries, just drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also learn more about the Saltire Society and their awards at their website