The Emerging Publisher Award aims to recognise and encourage the work of an individual in the early stages of their publishing career, as they develop their skills and experience in the industry. The awardee will receive a prize of £500.00.
- currently working within the publishing industry in Scotland
- having worked in the industry for less than 5 years
- Individuals working in production, editing, marketing, rights, research, writers agents are eligible.
The deadline for submissions is Thursday 8th September at 4pm.
The judging panel will include:
- Aly Barr, Creative Scotland
- Jenny Brown, Jenny Brown Associates
- Gillian Robertson, Looking Glass Books, Edinburgh
- Claire Malcolm, CEO, New Writing North
- Marion Sinclair, CEO, Publishing Scotland
- Professor Claire Squires, University of Stirling
- Catriona Cox, Society of Young Publishers, Co-chair
- Kirstin Lamb, Society of Young Publishers, Co-chair
Full information and the entry form can be found here. We look forward to seeing all the submissions and good luck!