Have you just started a degree in publishing or its related fields? Maybe you’ve been working in publishing for a couple of years and are wondering how to take the next step up in your career? If you’re dying to talk to someone who has actual experience of progress in the publishing industry, then the SYP mentoring scheme is right for you!
Successful applicants will be paired with a mentor who will meet with you throughout the year for one-to-one sessions. Your needs will drive these sessions, ensuring that you get exactly what you need from your mentor – whether it be general advice on the industry or information about a specific department or area of publishing. Having a mentor will also expand your network which can be key in securing that first job, or even advancing in an established career.
We can’t guarantee that everyone will be allocated a mentor as it is competitive, but we definitely can’t pair you with a mentor if you don’t apply!
So, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and tell us, in less than 300 words, who you are and why you want to be a part of the scheme by the end of October 31st.
Remember to mention:
- Who you are and what you do.
- What stage you’re at in your studies or career.
- Your SYP membership number/confirmation.
- What you want to get out of the scheme and why you need it.
- Which area of publishing you’re interested in and who your ideal mentor would be, e.g. someone in rights, children’s books.
We can’t wait to read your applications!
* Applicants must be a member of the Society of Young Publishers. Want to join the SYP? Then visit http://thesyp.org.uk/join-us/